January 31, 2024
Internal/External Job Posting
Residence Worker, Senior
Residence Worker, Senior – Assists the Housing Manager in providing orientation,
training, work direction and guidance to Second Stage Housing workers. Assists program clients
to live successfully in Second Stage Housing. Ensures that program clients’ physical, emotional,
social, and educational needs are met. Assists program clients to enhance quality of life with
activities of daily living and the development of life skills. May oversee the operation of Second
Stage Housing and Transition House in the absence of the supervisor or as directed.
Site: Second Stage Housing – 22 Unit Housing Program Site
Hours: Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Assists the Housing Manager in providing orientation, training, work direction and
guidance to residence worker by performing duties such as clarifying program policies
and reviewing work.
- May oversee the operation of Second Stage Housing and Transition House in the
absence of the supervisor as directed.
- In consultation with Housing Manager, assess prospective clients for eligibility prior to
admission. Conducts intake interviews.
- Provides life skills training such as personal care skills, self esteem, and personal finance.
Implements personal service plans and provides other training programs as required.
- Performs residence maintenance and housekeeping duties such as laundry, sweeping,
mopping floors, inventory management and cleaning equipment as required.
- Resets units when they have been vacated in preparation for a new program client.
- Maintains reports such as statistics, logbooks, daily activities on program clients.
- Orients and assigns duties to volunteers, practicum students and maintenance workers.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Clear understanding of Violence Against Women.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Work effectively in crisis environments.
Ability to problem solve.
Effective time management skills
Excellent planning and organizational skills
Well-defined personal boundaries
- Two (2) year Diploma in a related human/social service field
- Two (2) years recent related recent experience
Wage Rate: Health Sciences Association, Wage Grid Level 12
$28.32 per hour to $32.51 per hour
This position requires Union Membership
Apply: By email: to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon February 12, 2024
Only Candidates being considered will be contacted.