No longer accepting applications for this job posting.
Internal/External Job Posting
Purpose: Transition House workers provide support, security, advocacy, information, education, crisis intervention, and referrals to current and past clients and crisis callers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Workers must use a combination of education, skills, personal experience, common sense, empathy and creative thinking to deal with unique events that arise regularly.
Site: Transition House
Hours: Shift work 4 – 9 hrs. per shift for a 24 /7 coverage which includes evening and weekends
- Clear understanding of Violence Against Women.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Work effectively in crisis environments
- Ability to problem solve
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Well defined personal boundaries
- A 2-year diploma in human services or better
- At least one year of relevant work experience
Salary: HSA union Grid 10
Apply: By email only to email@example.com by noon October 2, 2023